EltaMD UV Elements Broad-Spectrum SPF 44
ALL SKIN TYPES AND POST-PROCEDURE SKIN
The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends this product
as an effective broad spectrum sunscreen.
EltaMD UV Elements is a 100% physical sunscreen in a tinted, moisturizing base. It is gentle for even the most sensitive skin types, including post-procedure skin. Its chemical-free actives, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, provide safe but sure sun protection. These mineral-based UV filters work with ultra-hydrating hyaluronic acid to protect and hydrate the skin. UV Elements has a universal tint that beautifully enhances most skin tones for a more youthful appearance.
- 10.0% transparent zinc oxide, 5.5% titanium dioxide
- Antioxidant protection combats skin-aging free radicals associated with ultraviolet (UV) and infrared radiation (IR).
- Chemical-free UV filters
- Hyaluronic acid boosts moisture-retention for a smoother, more youthful appearance
- Water-resistant (40 minutes)
- UVA/UVB sun protection
- Dye-free, fragrance-free, gluten-free, oil-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free and noncomedogenic
Active Ingredients: 10.0% Zinc oxide, 5.5% Titanium dioxide
Zinc oxide: Natural mineral compound that works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UVA and UVB rays
Titanium dioxide: Natural mineral that works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UV radiation
Ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C ester): Antioxidant that reduces free radicals to help diminish the visible signs of aging
Sodium hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid): Humectant that attracts and retains moisture, improving skin feel and restores suppleness
Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Iron Oxides.
Uses: EltaMD UV Elements Broad-Spectrum SPF 44 helps prevent sunburn and, if used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure
- after 40 minutes of swimming or sweating
- immediately after towel drying
- at least every 2 hours
- Sun Protection Measures. Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad-spectrum SPF of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeve shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
- Children under 6 months: Ask a physician
Pump activation: UV Elements is in an airless pump. Before first use, hold the tube upright with the cap off. Firmly depress the pump 3 to 5 times.
If an air pocket prevents product from dispensing, take these steps:
- Hold the tube upright with the clear cap off.
- Press the pump down completely.
- Continue to depress the pump, while slowly squeezing the tube.
- When the air pocket has pushed through, the product will dispense properly.