BIOCORNEUM® is the only advanced scar treatment with FDA-Cleared Silishield® patented crosslinking medical grade silicone and SPF 30 that:
- prevents and minimizes the formation of hypertrophic scars
- decreases the appearance of old scars
- protects scars from sun exposure’s darkening effects
- dries quickly to adhere to skin for 12 to 24 hours
BIOCORNEUM can be used on scars resulting from surgical and cosmetic procedures, trauma, wounds and burns, and it can be effective on old or new scars.
Silishield Patented Crosslinking Silicone
FDA-Cleared Silishield Technology advances the benefits of traditional silicone sheeting through the comfort and ease of a gel. Patented crosslinking silicone creates an invisible shield that feels like a second skin and helps reduce the appearance of scars. It can reduce redness and discoloration, soften and flatten new and older hypertrophic and keloid scars resulting from surgical procedures, injuries and burns.
BIOCORNEUM gives you more control over your recovery process.
Scars can be an unwanted visual reminder of a past procedure or injury. But scars are not simply cosmetic. Scar tissue lacks the full function of skin that hasn’t been injured or involved in a surgery. For example, flexibility and the sense of touch may be diminished or completely lost in the scar area. Effectively treating a scar can help to complete your healing process.2,3
Easy, Effective Care for Scar Recovery
- FDA-Cleared Silishield Technology plus SPF 30 sunscreen
- Silky-smooth clear gel is simple to apply and dries quickly
- Forms a breathable, flexible protective shield that moves like a second skin
- Self-adhering – won’t peel, no tape required
- Ideal for skin that must flex a lot (such as around joints), irregular surfaces, as well as large scar areas
- Ideal for face, neck, chest, hands, and other areas exposed to the sun
- Once dry, continues to work when makeup, lotion, or additional SPF protection is applied over it
- Can be combined with other treatment options your physician recommends
- Suitable for children over the age of 6 months
How to apply BIOCORNEUM
- Ensure that the affected area is clean and dry.
- Apply a thin, even layer two times a day (morning and evening) over the scar area.
- Allow to dry completely.
- After application wait 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Once dry, BIOCORNEUM can be covered with pressure garments, clothing, cosmetics or additional sunscreen as needed.
BIOCORNEUM should have 24-hour contact with the scar area for the duration of the treatment. This can be achieved by applying BIOCORNEUM twice a day.
The Science of Scar Reduction
BIOCORNEUM’s key ingredient, FDA-Cleared Silishield® Technology patented crosslinking silicone, advances the benefits of traditional silicone sheeting through the comfort and ease of a gel. Silishield forms a protective shield over the scar area that is optimal for scar healing and cosmetic improvement.
Silishield’s patented technology, made with medical grade silicone, helps to keep skin hydrated and helps control excessive collagen formation that contributes to abnormal scarring.1
Sunscreen products protect the area from sun exposure’s darkening effects while BIOCORNEUM maintains its silky-smooth feel and clear appearance.